iPad mini and Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

Started May 20, 2013 | Questions thread
guinness2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,746
Like?
Re: iPad mini and Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
In reply to seeblue, May 20, 2013

seeblue wrote:

The CCK is for older iPads using the non-Lightning connector.  For newer iPads there are two separate dongles instead of one: the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and the Lightning to SD Card Reader.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/ipad_accessories/cables_docks

Your iPad comes with a Lightning to USB Cable for charging via USB, syncing to a computer (iTunes), or for uploading images from your iDevice into your application(s) like Aperture or Lightroom using Image Capture (Mac) or other using a PC.  Depending on your workflow, you may not need any other Lightning cables other than the one included in the box.

Besides or instead of importing hardwired via a Lightning connector from a camera or SD card there are an assortment of wireless solutions (some don't require a router and the internet) for importing and exporting to/from an iPad/iPhone:

Some people upload to a PC/Mac and use Dropbox, G-Drive, etc. to move images around between computers and tablets.  Apple Photostream (ready to go on your device) uses iCloud for sharing images from your iDevices and latest Mac.

Some use wireless hardware devices like an iUSBPort, Kingston MobileLite Wireless, AirStash wireless flash drive, EyeFi wireless SD card,  Seagate Wireless Plus, and so on…for moving images from cards/drives onto their iDevices. Some of these devices operate bi-directionally (iDevice to card/drive).

Thanks a lot, your response is perfect.

If I got it right, for me, having Canon DSLR 400D, 50D, which use CF cards and don't  support  mass storage nor wireless, there is no way for me in the field,  right ?

EDIT:

I read just now, that the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter is working for someone with 40D, so maybe I'll give it a chance...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow