I Will Not Shot in RAW

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
flektogon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,300
Like?
Re: The point of RAW is...
In reply to JayFromSA, May 20, 2013

JayFromSA wrote:

...producing photo's, onscreen, prints or otherwise, that reflects your own taste and not that of some or other Japanese programmer that wrote the firmware for your camera. Your photo of a baboon is probably not a good example, because it seems to be well exposed and you can't really improve on the image produced by the jpeg engine in your camera (that is, if you posted an unmanipulated image of the RAW file).

Sometimes you take a reaction shot of something that happens before you with the wrong settings on your camera... it happens if you do photography for long enough... and then you'll be glad to have a RAW file and the skills to use it, to get the best possible image out of the RAW file. The in-camera jpeg engine is much, much more limited that what you can produce in post on your computer with modern software.

-- hide signature --

Jay

Those Japanese programmers are much smarter than you think. I have three cameras, one 7 years old (only JPEG), and two 3 years old (both with the RAW option) and frankly speaking, except occasional exposure correction I didn’t have to do any other adjustments. So, I’ve completely abandoned shooting RAW.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow