Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeWarner
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Wife Dropped My 2 Week Old RX100 :(
May 20, 2013

I got in the car yesterday and put the seatbelt on, but my seatbelt was uncomfortable against the RX100 in my jacket pocket, so I handed it to my wife to "look after" while I was driving.  She put it on her lap and forgot it was there, so when she got out of the car, it was sent falling to the ground.  It was in a Crumpler case and landed onto flat concrete, but somehow managed to find the only stone in the area to land lens down onto.  The stone pieced the Crumpler case and dented the rotating ring.  It is now scratched and the ring does not rotate freely as it is bent in slightly.

So - first off, I'm glad I spent the extra for the 3 year warranty and accidental damage cover.  But it is going to take longer to fix than I've owned the things for to start with.

You can see the damage above (next to the Sony logo) - it doesn't look like much, but enough to stop the ring rotating smoothly.  It is harder to rotate and the friction varies depending on its position.  Apart from that, It seems to work fine.

Hopefully it won't take longer than 6 weeks to fix as I'm going on holiday to Egypt then and would really like the camera with me!!!!! Not happy at all.

MikeWarner's gear list:MikeWarner's gear list
Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Apple iPhone 5 Apple iPad WiFi
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow