going FF, waiting for delivery ,how do you guys cope???

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TITCHY
Senior MemberPosts: 1,012Gear list
Like?
going FF, waiting for delivery ,how do you guys cope???
May 20, 2013

well  , I have been a Pro DX die hard for some time now and after what I have said on the subject of DX vs FF I guess this thread make me somewhat of a traitor ,  but Nikon , enough is enough , I had got used to the pro layout"controls" of the Dxxx series ,and no matter what anyone says , the other DX models Dont come close to the satisfaction of using the D300 ,dispite having superior sensors .

In the absence of a successor ,and the realization that Nikon appear to be pushing all of us who want Pro standard DSLRs towards FF, I have Decided to go for a D800.

I am far from being a Pro ,but just love the controls and ergonomics i get from the Pro range .

Ordered it yesterday, and its scheduled for delivery tommorow, and to be honest I am excited and apprehensive at the same time . like an expectant father I find myself cradling a glass of "Abunadh" and staring at sexy pictures of D800's in various poses . by tommorow I will be a wreck.

I have ordered a couple of 32gb lexar(1000x Pro and 600xSDHC) cards , and have downloaded and read the manual (twice) before committing myself .

Nikon will almost certainly bring out a D400 now ,within a month or two , but I am not that bothered ,after seeing what can be done with the D800 , i have decided its the one for me , granted i will miss the reach ,and i will probably have a rough time initially adjusting to a new technique ,but thats part of the fun .

so you guys are going to have to put up with another stray from the DX gang for a while ,I will be looking for guidance no doubt, be gentle with me wont you .

Graham

Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow