Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
miles500
Contributing MemberPosts: 684Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?
In reply to Barry Pearson, May 20, 2013

Barry Pearson wrote:

OpticsEngineer wrote:

The AF speed and accuracy of the K5ii is amazing even going well into dim light conditions.   It is better than my Sony A65 which has gathered lots of praise for its AF performance.

We all know that the K-5II(s) has better low light AF, and I've experienced this myself.

But is it supposed to have better AF-C performance in more normal light? I was never sure whether that was part of the claim.

I'm getting a higher ratio of well-focused airplane and motor sport photos with the K-5IIs than I was with the K-5. Perhaps I'm doing something different, or perhaps the AF improvements aren't just about low light performance.

I have no great technical knowledge but it would seem likely that good AF performance in low light conditions would also be reflected in better AF performance generally, but this is only supposition as I do not have the detailed technical knowledge to define a link, if it were to exist!

-- hide signature --

Miles500

miles500's gear list:miles500's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow