Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
miles500
Contributing MemberPosts: 726Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?
In reply to awaldram, May 20, 2013

awaldram wrote:

A good point , but unless you get a lens to do the job you cant really expect a walk around lens or GP cheap zoom to work for you in this situation irrespective of what body you attach it to.

A new K5II would set you back £1000 and not make a jot of difference a DA*300 again £1000 but a whole new horizon whatever body you have in the future.

If you can justify a new body (throw away part) why can't you justify the investment in decent glass?

I think that you have probably hit the nail on the head in the sense that I need better glass for birding and maybe I will get the Sigma 150-500 one day.  On the other hand I am not really an ardent birder so I may have to accept the limitations of my existing lens collection in the interim.

I think your  comments are entirely valid and I guess it is all about spending priorities and direction one wants to go both equipment wise andin photography generally.

-- hide signature --

Miles500

miles500's gear list:miles500's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow