I Will Not Shot in RAW

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,043Gear list
Like?
Re: What a coincidence...
In reply to soapstar, May 20, 2013

i just dont understand this. If i use the camera jpeg there is always jpeg artifacts and halos clearly visible. The only way to get a clean image for me is via raw.

If your camera is an older model, the JPEG engines weren't particularly effective.  A high quality JPEG image today ought to be quite clean.  The image below shows a JPEG image from Canon compact digital cameras that are over 12 years apart.  The older camera has lost details in the bright light and has JPEG artifacts all over the image.  The other image shows a building captured in broad daylight by a modern digital camera.  It's much better - in just about every possible way.

Even comparing a modern Compact to a DSLR offers varying results:

But they say the best way to compare image in JEPG is to look at the BLACKS in the pictures taken.  Have a look at the noise in these three JPEGS... the G1X with the larger sensor and modern processor and JPEG engine produces the best results:

JPEG Vs Raw will continue to be debated but you should be able to save copies of your processed images in a high quality JPEG without any noticeable loss of visual information.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow