Am I the only one who doesn't care about video on their DSLR?

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't care about video on their DSLR?
In reply to herbymel, May 20, 2013

herbymel wrote:

Daisy AU wrote:

Eyeglass10101 wrote:

I read the reviews (like the recent D5200) one and most of the negativity towards it comes from the video aspects of the camera. Am I the only person who doesn't care? It reminds me of reviews on camera phones. I still get better video from a Red, then a DSLR.

I don't care about video either, but it's nice to have the feature, just in case I need it, but I would not spend anytime editing to make a fancy movie.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ney_images/

Video without proper editing is like taking a picture without doing any post production.

Maybe.  I would just be happy with a clip of my child or a special event or similar.  Candid, spontaneous.  No editing required in my case.  With photography, I do want to go further than that, i.e. post processing to a certain extend, but not too much either.

-- hide signature --
 Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow