RX100 concerns...

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
dood77
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: RX100 concerns...
In reply to dlorde, May 20, 2013

dlorde wrote:

I was in a similar position a couple of months ago when I got the RX100 - intending to shoot mainly JPG, use mostly auto modes, and a little concerned about image size. Since then I've found that by shooting RAW and using a decent editor (e.g. something like Lightroom), you can bring out the best in your images, then export them to the web at a smaller size. Disk space is fairly cheap, but if you really can't afford storage, you could delete the originals and just keep a smaller version (not really recommended).

In the end, being able to tweak and recover detail from RAW images without running out of image data has won me over.

Okay, very inspiring.  I could probably get into the Lightroom thing.  After all, currently I am individually downsizing worthy photos one-by-one on like a 10 year old version of Photoshop.  Lightroom and a few other tricks (like the Windows resize tool mentioned in a post above) should be much better!

Again thanks everyone!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow