Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Lightroom 4.4 and ACR 7.4 Overexposing Fuji RAF files
May 20, 2013

Hi,

Camera: Fuji HS30 EXR

Adobe Software: Lightroom 4.4, PS Elements 11, and ACR 7.4

Other software: SilkyPix and Paintshop Pro X5

Shooting in RAW + JPEG. I open the files in LR 4 and the JPEG looks properly exposed while the RAF file is at least +2 stops overexposed. This is consistent with all of the RAF files viewed in LR 4 or PSE 11 using ACR 7.4.

However, if I open the RAF file in SilkyPix or PSP X5 the RAF file looks properly exposed.

I can correct the problem in LR 4 or PSE 11 by reducing the exposure by -2 stops, but this gets to be a hassle when dealing with lots of photos (and I don't want to just batch process all of my RAF files).

Adobe's list of cameras supported by ACR 7.4 shows the HS30 EXR, but based upon what I can see ACR does not correctly interpret the RAF file data yielding a very overexposed image.

I have looked here on DPReview and elsewhere on the Internet and have not come up with an explanation other than ACR has a bug and does not handle Fuji RAF files properly.

Anybody else have this problem? Any solution other than manual exposure correction for each image in LR 4 and PSE 11? Why is it that Corel and SilkyPix can read the file correctly but Adobe Camera Raw chokes on it?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

SB

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow