I am downright impressed.....with the X-E1!

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,335Gear list
Like?
Re: I am downright impressed.....with the X-E1!
In reply to Beat Traveller, May 20, 2013

Beat Traveller wrote:

BillyInya wrote:

If you nail the exposure and don't want to 'fake' your photos too much there's no need for RAW at all.

RAW is a thing of the past for a lot of us.

It's not so much about faking the right exposure as having extra options. Actually, the thing I like most about RAW files is their longevity. I've pulled out files I took years ago that looked like crud on the existing conversion programs, and putting them through the latest software is a great way to bring out the scene as I remember it.

That doesn't make sense.

A jpeg image will capture what's there as would a RAW file so I'm not following you.

If you go back to that jpeg image you are not going to see something different over the years.

However, if your "memory" is vastly different to what was actually truly there, say pink with white dots sky and orange ocean then sure, RAW is great for that cause can you work it to give you any fake look you like.

In that case it's not your jpeg's that are failing, it's your memory.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow