Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
miles500
Contributing MemberPosts: 611Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?
In reply to Mike Hiran, 11 months ago

Mike Hiran wrote:

I don't do birding, so I can't really tell you if the AF will be enough of an improvement or not.  But I do think the sharpness difference between the k5 and the k5iis is significant giving my shots now a bit more of a 3d look.

Thanks to everyone who has replied.  It is a difficult call - two reviews I have seen, say that the upgrade is worthwhile and some who have made the change also think so.  I agree that the difference in IQ does not seem that great from the lab test picture which I have seen but IQ is not really the problem as I print up to A3 size and have no problem with my K5 in producing sharp pictures. I guess I am curious to see whether using my Ltds I might be able to discern an improvement..

I am not really a birder - it is just that there are several in my camera club and a bird on a stick generally finds greater favour from competition judges than my normal landscapes.  So I thought that if I could not beat them , then I might join them.

I was, however, for the most part not doing anything too difficult - merely attempting to focus on ducks swimming across a pond and I was surprised that quite a few shots did not focus properly.

Maybe the 55-300 is not really suited to this sort of thing and maybe I need a lens with HSM.

-- hide signature --

Miles500

miles500's gear list:miles500's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow