I am downright impressed.....with the X-E1!

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,230Gear list
Like?
I am downright impressed.....with the X-E1!
May 19, 2013

For years I've been shooting only RAW with countless brands of digital cameras that I've owned since 2001 (well, those that had RAW capabilities) - the total of which approached nearly 90 (since 2001).  My reasoning (and it still holds true in most cases) is that I can coax much higher quality out of RAW files than with JPG's.  Even with the gorgeous Olympus JPG's, I still shot RAW.  I had my RAW workflow down to a T.

Well, I've been reading with interest over the past year or two about the absolutely silky, superb JPG's that the X series of cameras are capable of generating.  So what the heck, I tried it in JPG fine (Provia mode).  All I can say is that I'm hooked - especially after reading the DPReview review comments about RAW not having much of an advantage over the X-E1 JPG's.  Yes, the rich, creamy (for lack of a better term) and superbly DR images are a revelation.  In a way, this kind of torques me off at the same time because previously, I was dishing out a bundle for micro 4/3 cameras and accessories.  I can't believe that for me - a victim of habit - I will now shoot only JPG's with the X-E1.  Mannnn, I'm stoked to the max - not to mention, a doubling of the amount if images I can shoot on one 16 Gig card!!!!!  

Now to budget for additional X series lenses - and am now fully hooked to the Fuji camp.  Damn, I hate this (in a nice sort of way).

Sorry - I just felt that I had to blurt this out without much forethought!  

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +28 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow