What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
merops
Senior MemberPosts: 1,187
Like?
Re: Another double account disclosed
In reply to Deleted pending purge, May 19, 2013

OldArrow wrote:

In any challenge where, say, from all 100 entries only 34 are voted upon, the final ranking will not repeat not be accurate for 66. Still, those 66 will appear ordered and sorted by some math magic - and not by the (non-existent!) votes! IMO, that is not what the entrants can either like or use in the way of statistics. Someone appearing 97th on such a top-list will rightly wonder, why their entry is so much worse than the 67th.

OldArrow,

I take your general points completely, but I wondered if it's true that there are any (many) photos that received no votes at all. I've always assumed that th histogram is real votes, and that the overall score is the average of that modified in various ways. Entrants can always extract the actual votes from the histogram and work out the average of those.

Also, I've never checked, but I assume that, particularly for those challenges where the hosts exhort entrants to vote, that those who do vote mostly vote for all the entries except their own. (The 'footprint' of this would be an even spread of the number of votes across entries.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow