Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
vzlnc
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Re: That is what you get when you do not do yoru research
In reply to Ed B, 11 months ago

Ed B wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

You have a problem discussing the state of the camera industry?  Perhaps you should move to a gardening forum then.

FYI, I shoot mirrorless primarily.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

I don't have problems discussing anything but would much rather discuss corporate problems with a person who is well informed.

The financial problems at Olympus corp. has very little to do with the success or failure of their mirrorless cameras.

The company has been mismanaged and some very bad investments decisions have caused the company to fall on hard times.

Olympus manufactures and sells industrial scanners, flaw detectors, probes and transducers, thickness gauges, digital cameras, image analysis software, industrial video-scopes, fiber scope light sources, XRF and XRD analyzers, and high-speed video cameras.

All of these products are, in one way or another, part of their imaging division.

Like Canon and Nikon, their inexpensive point & shoot cameras are not selling well but I can find no indication that their mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras are a money loosing proposition.

You need to read this thread again.

Mirrorless isn't going away. Currently, it may not be as popular as the conventional DSLR segment but it is gaining in popularity whether you want to admit it or not.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow