Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,925Gear list
Like?
Scout Campout and the RX1
11 months ago

I'm still trying to assess the need for carrying more than the RX1 anywhere.   I think a high quality zoom or high quality long focal length (200mm+) prime would be ideal  to capture unexpected things in the sky.  Although the prime would be highly impractical to "accompany" the RX1.  Maybe one of these Cyber-zooms I see on these forums is what I need... but really for only <10% of my shot oppporunities.

I went camping this weekend and will share some of the shots here but will not share the highly cropped image of a A10 Thunderbolt II tank-buster jet that was flying very low and a flock of very unusual and long necked birds making a racket (definately not geese).  While they were interesting, with the massive crop they provide little photographic value.

Anyway, the RX1 provides most of what I need.

Interesting fact here is this rocket had a "C" engine which takes it very high.  It landed about 1/4 mile on the other sides of those trees in a small opening and our dumb luck allowed us to find it.  On a subsequent re-entry it, of course, got caught high in a tree.

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow