It's time to abandon PhotoShop

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,316
Like?
Acorn
In reply to Chester S Parks, May 19, 2013

I am pretty much done with photoshop though I'll keep my old version till it won't work any more. This weekend I've been downloading trial versions to see what works best. If you're a mac person, you may want to take a look at the new version of Acorn, which is really pretty cool. It has more of a mac feel than any alternative I've tried (don't know how else to explain it). Lightroom is my staple for cataloguing and developing RAW files and will keep using it till they suck it up into the Cloud. Acorn worked seamlessly as an external LR editor and plopped its finished files down in LR right where I wanted them without any argument, just like PS did. I am still wrangling with Pixelmator to get it to play nicely with lightroom due to its file naming formats. Pixelmator works OK but I hate having to chase down the resultant files and its interface isn't very intuitive. Corel is such a nuisance to deal with on tech support, I just don't want to fool with their products.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow