Started May 19, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
reiah
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
RX100 vs WX300
May 19, 2013

I am looking to buy a Sony compact for good quality photos while traveling.  I am trying to learn more about digital photography, and do plan on getting a DSLR eventually, but the weight have been discouraging me.

In short, when I look at the RX100 vs the WX300, it seems like the sensor size difference on the RX100 is much bigger and better than the WX300.  Size is about the same.  Do you think the price difference of $300 is justified by the sensor size difference?

My other photography goal is to get a nice bokeh shot (portraits) with my son.  I'm down to deciding to get a NEX camera with 50mm f1.7 lens or maybe an Olympus E-PL5 with the panasonic 50mm f1.7.  I like the second configuration because of the smaller lens size.  Smaller and lighter means a lot to me.

So which Sony compact should I buy?  There is about $300 difference, and since I'll be investing more in the higher end cameras later, any advice?

Thanks,

Reiah

reiah's gear list:reiah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
ANSWER:
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow