So... I'm all but convinced that I'm going D800

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tyym
Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
To make matters worse...
In reply to Tyym, May 19, 2013

ARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!

I walked into a camera store yesterday and was talking with a PRO.  He flipped me on my head by offering me a D3 that was purchased by someone who had a ton of money and very little experience.  It has around 1000 actuations and is available for 2200.00 CDN.  I'm sooooo tempted to go for it, but I don't think it's what I want to do.  I think I'd still rather have the 800 for the work I want to use it for and then sell ALL of my DX stuff (thinking the 300s) and get the D3 as a back up system.  I really do want to do outdoor "bird in flight" kind of stuff and I know that the 800 is not necessarily brilliant for this purpose.... I also know that I could be happy with my 300s too.... I was going to buy a grip for the 300s yesterday and still might...

From everything I've seen, I love what the 800 can produce and I think the 600 will be too much of a compromise for what I want.  The 600 is a great camera and while appreciate what my friend has encouraged me with, the thought of the 800 is so much more appealing!  I have also seen what the camera can produce with the "right glass" and in the right hands... mine aren't the right hands just yet, but I am a willing student

Thanks to everyone who has replied.  Your help is very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Tim

-- hide signature --

D7000, D300s, D80, 18-200 VRII, Nikon 50mm 1.8 / 1.4,
Tamron 90mm, Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-D,
Sigma 10-20mm - Sigma 17-50 2.8 - SB-800
50mm 1.8D
Gear up..... Get out there!!!

Tyym's gear list:Tyym's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow