Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 975Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision
In reply to GaryW, May 19, 2013

What kind of shooter?  Young or old?  I don't see an explanation of what is different between the cameras in this thread, other than styling.  I've not bothered to look at Fuji, so I think someone coming fresh to look at this thread might be similarly confused.

I don't think age necessarily matters, but those of us who grew up with manual SLRs may be biased towards the manual controls.

I like that I can set most of the exposure on the Fuji without looking at a screen. Shutter and aperture are right there. ISO is not, however and I can see how it would be difficult with the number of increments available these days. BTW, you can adjust more shutter choices on the screen between the increments on the dial, but I haven't used that much. Exposure compensation is right there too and readable without looking at a screen. Again, these are things I like. I'm not trashing Sony.

One technical bit that I am finding much better on Fuji over my Nex cameras (perhaps it's better in the Nex-6) is the multi-metering. I use that exposure compensation far less on the Fuji. With my Nex-7, I probably had to adjust it at least 50% of the time.

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow