On putting money into 4:3 gear ...

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bobby J
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,761Gear list
Like?
Re: I admit that I don't use the camera nearly
In reply to Big Ga, May 19, 2013

as much as I would if I made my living with it.  It's quite possible that I simply haven't encountered circumstances that would cause these problems, at least to the degree you seem to have encountered.

I have very limited experience with other brand DSLRs, having used only my Son's D-90 and a buddy's D-200.  So I really can't compare my use to other brands.  And I don't.

Having said that, I do a good bit of photography still.  My main complaint about all the Oly cameras is the damned noise.  It can be delt with to some degree, but that's time consuming and shouldn't be necessary.  It's always present in the dark areas even at reasonable ISOs.  Hopefully the EM-5 sensor is much better in that regard, and hopefully if the new camera ever does appear that problem will be solved.

It's extremely frustrating to have a system I like so well, but find badly lacking in some areas that seem no problem for other brands.

-- hide signature --

BJM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
+1New
skeys MOD
Say,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow