Mirrorless Takes Another Hammering

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,020Gear list
Like?
Is a American problem it seems
In reply to ZodiacPhoto, May 19, 2013

ZodiacPhoto wrote:

As a Canon DSLR and M4/3 (Panasonic) user, I think that the biggest obstacle in mirrorless proliferation is their total absence from retailers shelves. I was looking for an update for my Panasonic camera, but neither BestBuy, nor 3 specialized camera stores in my city (population over 600,000) sell any Micro 4/3 cameras. Nobody sells Fujifilm X series. Only one model of Sony mirrorless was at Bestbuy, and a couple of Nikon 1's.

I do understand retailers who don't want to get stuck with cameras that nobody wishes to buy. But, from talking to friends and coworkers, public is well aware about mirrorless cameras, but nobody will buy a camera without holding it in their hand, and comparing to Canikon in the other hand.So, unless you live in the city where stores like B&H or Adorama are located, you are out of luck.

The eternal "a chicken or an egg" problem...

In Europe, even my tiny city of 50000 people has 2 big stores with a complete line up. 10 km to the south there is another one and 20 km to the east smaller ciy with yet again a shop with a full line up. I think America is just not their main market (yet). Oly said they are changing their Euro/Armerican strategy but we'll have to wait and see.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow