Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
moephoto
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Re: Upgrade to K5II or IIs or wait for the next model?
In reply to Diffraction, 11 months ago

Diffraction wrote:

Andrew53 wrote:

I upgraded to the K-5IIs from the K-5. IQ differences are barely noticeable. AF is better, but hard to say how much.

Depends probably a lot on the lens, but yes, if you look at the differences in a controlled lab setting on DPR - the differences are minuscule. Keeps me from upgrading from my K-x.

The statistics on DPR are really funny - the K-5, the K-x, the K-10D, those are the Pentax picture makers. It goes to show that some people upgrade quickly (hence low numbers of K-20D or K-7, because those were often upgrade cameras), but the workhorses that got the press (the K-10D, which I had, the K-x, which I have, and the K-5, which I would like to have, but cannot justify) are still out there in numbers.

So, to answer your question - I would most likely wait around a little bit. See what the next Pentax workhorse is going to be. If nothing good follows, you might get the K-5IIs cheaper in a couple of months.

Great points....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow