SL1 or T4i

Started May 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Re: T4i
In reply to botw, May 19, 2013

botw wrote:

SL1s only big advantage is size.  If you think the marginally smaller and lighter camera would be better, go for it.  Otherwise, the t4i is superior in just about every category (though it may be marginally worse in continuous AF during movies).

Marginally smaller is a bit of a misnomer, it has three areas where it counts where it's actually as small as a micro four thirds camera. Height, width and weight. It weighs marginally less than a small micro four thirds camera, the Olympus OM-D, it is narrower across, and its shorter. With the repositioned shutter it fits a lot better in the hand than the T4i, I have held both of them.

A family member owns a T4i and the SL1 is positively a lot smaller, particularly where it counts. The breadth of the camera isn't so much a talking point. The repositioning of the shutter button alone makes it about 1000% more comfortable than a T4i.

It has a newer sensor than the T4i, we have yet to see any real tests coming out, particularly from this website, on a production model SL1. I'll wait until that happens before raising comment about actual image quality, but on weight and size, there requires a bit of a correction.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
T4iNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow