What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tim A2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?
Re: Another double account disclosed
In reply to Deleted pending purge, May 18, 2013

OldArrow wrote:

With all the other changes needed in the challenges, I see your idea as a possible (switchable) option, which should not be overly complicated to apply. Such challenges (where the host picks the winning entry or entries) should be designed so that no voting is offered right from the start, i.e. this should be clearly marked in some way.

The challenge would then not need to pass the voting phase (1 week) too. When host picks the top-# photos, s/he could click it "finished" which would enable it to continue to Exhibition phase. This system would require more thoughts on design, though, as it stands out from the rest of the routine.

Try suggesting the complete timeline and behavior of such version. Maybe someone likes it, up there.

-- hide signature --

Fil

OldArrow, I truely hope you and the others who want it also get the option to require all entrants to vote. I think DPR's idea to provide options for hosts is brilliant. I hope they can pull that off and not introduce a major confusion factor. An option for requiring all entrants to vote seems very doable to me. Your chances of getting that requirement as an option seem pretty good. Chances of getting it as a requirement for all challenges, not so much.

Tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow