How many of you guys have a back up camera?

Started May 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,984
How many of you guys have a back up camera?
May 18, 2013

I have an OMD as my main camera and a canon G12 point and shoot.  The P&S camera isn't bad, but after using the OMD, I feel rather constrained by the canon.

I recall back in the day when I was vacationing with the wife, my Nikon DLSR bit the big one, and failed on me.  I was miserable since I was unable to take any pictures other then those cheap disposable cameras.  Since then I have a back up.

How many of you have a spare camera in your bag for just in case situations and what camera do you use.  I'm thinking of getting another M 4/3 (probably a used cheap model) to replace the Canon G12 since I can then take advantage of my existing lenses.  Something like a Panasonic GF3.  I see them going for about 230 with the kit lens on ebay and much less for body only.  I'm thinking that the GF3 may be a decent fit since its a bit smaller then the OMD so I may use that on occasion but the size difference isn't that huge

Any suggestion on model, and/or price for that model, i.e., 200 is good for a used GF or its over/under priced.

Thanks in advance.

This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot G12 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow