If you owned a 7D and then a 5D Mark III...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
John Vant Land
Contributing MemberPosts: 512
Like?
Re: If you owned a 7D and then a 5D Mark III...
In reply to krob78, 11 months ago

I have similar feelings with my 60D sitting idle more and my 5D Mk III being used a lot.  Outdoors, when it's bright, the 60D does very well.  Three days ago I shot a graduation on a very windy day in a rodeo arena.  I didn't want to change lenses so I put on my 17-55 on the 60D and the 70-200 on my 5D MkIII.  I was really glad for a second body and plan on doing the same thing next week at another indoor graduation.  It's just very handy to have two bodies so you're not changing lenses.

I did buy a Black Rapid dual strap system and I was surprised with how comfortable it was carrying two cameras--one on each hip--compared to holding a camera and keeping a camera bag on my one shoulder.

Also, if I have something really important to shoot, I take the 60D and a few of its crop lenses along in a separate camera bag and leave it in my car.  The peace of mind of having a fall back camera is worth keeping it, especially when I couldn't really get that much for the 60D anyway.

-- hide signature --

Enjoying God and His Creation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow