On putting money into 4:3 gear ...

Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,315Gear list
Like?
It doesn't take reading tea leaves
In reply to alatchin, May 18, 2013

alatchin wrote:

This is just semantics, what I call a delay, you can call death.

A "delay" is when it takes a while to release a new model. "death" is when they stop production of all the old models and don't introduce anything new to replace them. Every camera manufacturer continues production of the old model until the new version is released, Olympus included.

You honestly don't see the fact they ceased production of all consumer/prosumer camera bodies and only had stock (possible production but maybe not) of the top of the line model as a sign Olympus doesn't plan to continue down this path?

Like I said before, I don't doubt they plan to release a PDAF compatible cameras, mainly to get decent CAF performance. As a side benefit, these will also work with the older lenses via an adapter (how well we don't know) but I don't think the drive behind this camera will be to make something to work great with SHG glass or to sell 4/3 optics. If they had wanted to do this they would have released a E700 etc with the OMD sensor to replace the E600 line. They didn't, they just stopped production.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
+1New
skeys MOD
Say,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow