Will Adobe change it's CC plans based on all the backlash?

Started May 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeNannie
Regular MemberPosts: 379Gear list
Like?
Will Adobe change it's CC plans based on all the backlash?
May 18, 2013

I think it will be interesting to see what Adobe does in light of all the negative comments that have been written in the past days about their plans for CC and the subscription model.

It reminds me of Netflix a while ago when they announced plans to split their DVD rental and streaming business into 2 different products. The stock crashed, Netflix realized that they had made a mistake, drove away too many customers, and they admitted their errors and returned to their current model. Stock has since rebounded to over $200 a share.

Like Netflix, I wonder if Adobe will find that this change is ultimately going to cost them too much. Could they have imagined all the negative press they have received in the past week? I think they knew they would get some, but to the level it has occurred - I'm guessing they were surprised and maybe caught off guard.

I'm betting that a few months after the new program begins, if it gets that far, they will reinstate the current purchase software model.

Hope I'm right anyhow ...

Thoughts?

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow