Mirrorless Takes Another Hammering

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
manthasfamily
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,380Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless Takes Another Hammering
In reply to rattymouse, May 18, 2013

This forum has been an interesting read, and I guess as in everything else time will tell.  Nikon advertises so I'm surprised that they aren't doing better, but with Panasonic (I have a G3) there is no advertising at all, and in my area you can't find one to even test out.  To me this is one reason I see Panasonic dumping cameras since they don't want to put the effort in advertising a quality product.

For me I like the view finder and full articulating screen so I favor the Panasonic.  People complain that the new GH3 is heavy, and about the same size as a small Dslr, but no one seems to take into account that the lens are very light compared to the Dslr market lenses.

I personally would like to see the m4/3 market get better with a better selection of lenses, but if things don't change it won't happen.  Panasonic I believe is in deep doodoo, and unless they want to spend a little cash (advertising, and in store samples, in the States at least) then there is no way that word of mouth is going to keep they in the camera business.  Sad since they make a quality product.

-- hide signature --

Karen
If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

manthasfamily's gear list:manthasfamily's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow