trut_maluglist
Regular MemberPosts: 262
Like?
Re: Nikon D90 'rotate' feature
In reply to trespassing, 11 months ago

trespassing wrote:

trut_maluglist wrote:

I Beam wrote:

Nikon ViewNX 2 is a free download from Nikon and it has a straiten feature. This is slider which seems to be fairly easy to use but you have to level the photograph by eye.

Abode Photoshop Elements is a fairly complete PP program that is not that expensive to buy. The straighten tool in Elements is a lot easier to use. I have seen no loss of quality following the staighen operation. I suggest downloading a trial version of Elements to check it out for yourself.

Regards

Paul

This is going to warrant some further testing.  I tried the rotate feature in Picasa, exported the photo and renamed it.  Then when opening up the photo again in Picasa, I notice NO loss of quality. But when uploaded to a site like PBase or Facebook, there is a very noticeable loss of quality.

If you upload either photo to somewhere like Facebook they'll generally look horrible, that's nothing to do with Picasa.

-- hide signature --

Student in Brighton, UK

My experience is such that the non-rotated images look crisp in Facebook while the images which have been straightened/leveled show a significant loss of quality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow