Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GaryR60
Contributing MemberPosts: 655
Like?
Just a thought, but...
11 months ago

...once you've made your edits to your RAW file and you've arrived at a final image....what do you need with the RAW file afterward? It isn't the final version, and to get a final version that matches the one you created, you'd have to edit the RAW again and use all the same settings you used before in order to obtain exactly the same result.
Furthermore, once you have your final image saved as a TIFF, JPEG, PNG or whatever formats you've chosen, and you've shared those images all over the web....what do you need with storage space for the RAW files? You've effectively backed up the final image, multiple times, in multiple places. I can copy any of my images from any of the sites they are on, at exactly the same quality, drect to my iPad with a single touch of my finger.

Just a few thoughts I've had while contmplating why I need to replace my laptop....or if I even need another laptop ever again.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow