Camera for my kids (5 yr old / 3 yr old)

Started May 18, 2013 | Questions thread
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,514Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera for my kids (5 yr old / 3 yr old)
In reply to Deleted1929, May 18, 2013

My daughters at 5 were gentle with my compact cameras and I had no problem with them getting broken.   They treated them as gently as they do their dolls.

But a three year old boy for sure will want to play with a camera he sees sister is playing with.  So from what I have seen with our neighbor boys, I would have to predict a very short life for a camera going into the situation you describe.   It is not even that the three year old boys are necessarily that rough.  It is they just get  a notion to run around, they are likely drop whatever is in their hands.  If they happen to be standing on concrete at that time, the camera will get a shock it will not survive.

Our neighbor's fix year old boy walks into our house, always with a toy in his hand.  Half the time he walks about two or three steps in the house,  sees something interesting, then drops whatever toy he brought and runs off.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Fujifilm XF1 +22 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow