ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GathererOfLight
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Waterproof compact camera suggestions?
May 18, 2013

Hi all,

Currently own a Nikon D300 for more serious photography, and an old Nikon Coolpix s52C for situations where I don't want to bring the full sized dSLR, but I've never really been that happy with the image quality from this camera.

So,  an upcoming trip to Maui has inspired me to look into underwater photography options - started looking at underwater housings for D300 but cost is prohibitive.  Then stumbled across waterproof compact cameras.  I'm thinking that this would hopefully be a good opportunity to replace the S52C with something that I could use while snorkeling in Maui and also would double as a good "dry" camera, exceeding by a decent degree the S52C's image quality, and that can also take full 1080p video.

So I'm looking at trying to stay below $300 or slightly higher for this, and the cheaper the better - so far I've noted models like the Fujifilm XP60 (don't like the fact that it seems to be only available in ridiculous bright colors and not black, and some reviews suggest not the greatest pic quality), XP200, Pentax WG-3 and Nikon Coolpix AW110.  Can anyone make some suggestions from among these models or let me know if there is another model that I should be considering?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix XP200 Fujifilm FinePix XP60 Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon Coolpix S52c Nikon D300 Pentax WG-3 GPS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow