Started May 14, 2013 | Questions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 34,587Gear list
Like?
Re: Starting fine art printing with Epson Stylus Pro 7890.. or 9890
In reply to faith_ps, May 18, 2013

faith_ps wrote:

Hi All,

I want to own a larger format printer that I can use at home. With extensive portfolios of photos, I'd like to print them at least A2 sizes. Also who knows I can start a soho business on digital fine art printing here in my town.

The question is... Is Epson Stylus Pro 7890 a good one to start with or should I go straight right up with the 9890. I'll be working alone on my own. So operation has to be as easy and convenient as possible.

Also I'd like to know if there is any website or anyone who is kind enough to share the cost per print so that I can calculate the cost & selling prices. I know it will be hard to have big profit cause its a new start. But hoping to make it in this small business.

Also, what are the quirks and downfalls to watch out for.

Thxs all,

Jakop

-- hide signature --

The saxophone is a very interesting machine, but I'm more interested in music.
Steve Lacy quotes

I have had the 7890 a couple of months now and am pleased with it. The only problem being that the cutter does not always cut right across my 24" paper. Sometimes I get a few scratch marks on the paper too but i think this has been because of suction not high enough. I'm still on my first set of inks too and haven't had to replace one yet, I print mostly b&w. This printer has been marketed very cheaply here in the UK, I don't know what you have to pay for it out there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow