Cheer up everyone!

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
klauser
Regular MemberPosts: 414
Like?
Re: I will be unlike myself for a change, and sulk a bit
In reply to RoelHendrickx, May 18, 2013

RoelHendrickx wrote:

I would really have preferred not to have to make that choice, with a single and unified path forward : get the HYBRID (let's call it E-M6) that would offer me a choice for any occasion between using two µFT bodies (E-M6 and E-M5) or two bodies that work perfectly with FT lenses (E-M6 and E-5).

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

You  know, Roel,  I'm not convinced that this would be such a good idea: given  that we want best possible iq and good ergonomics I just don't see how mft's strengths (small body plus small primes) can go together really well with ft's strengths (excellent but much larger zooms which however require a bigger body to balance well). I believe that in a niche market one has to be uncompromising: mft plus primes has a USP (size in relation to iq) and ft has a different one (superb zooms with a unique balance of size,  reach and iq). In order to fully make use of ft's USP one needs the bigger body which in turn does not do justice to mft's USP. I would definitely prefer a big body that balances well with FT zooms and which may also take mft lenses rather than the other way around.

Klaus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow