Started May 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jack Simpson
Forum ProPosts: 11,022Gear list
Like?
Re: GRIV
In reply to N Desmond, May 18, 2013

N Desmond wrote:

Jack, I hope you enjoy the GRIV.

Thanks N_D and, after chatting with Ned Bunnell, I think I am going to have fun with it .... once, if I ever, get used to the menu system and all the options, therein

It is a terrific little camera. My original plan was GRIV or V and Panasonic LX7. While waiting for news of new Ricoh release and LX7 sale, I got impatient and bought the Q.

When the Q was first announced, I thrashed it here, on AP and with emails to Pentax Canada .... then I got a chance to play with one whilst the Pentax rep was in the store and had to drag the foot out of my mouth :o, then purchased one with the Prime and FE, then 8 months later got the 02 (wide zoom) and in another 6 months later I picked up the 06(Tele Zoom) and put it on the camera and, with the exception of maybe 30 shots betwixt the FE,Prime and WideZoom) haven't taken it off the Q  ............ :-).

They are all fun cameras in their own way. Fire in the house and had to pic one? Probably would put the GRIV in my pocket and run!

I'd be filling my Computrekker with my DA50-135 and few film cameras (:roll eyes:), the Q and 02 and 06 and, of course, my home entertainment -- early 80's clock radio and mobile phone

Tough call between that and LX7. I do like the zoom. I have much to learn still about all of them, and they have been good choices to help me transition from 1970s SLRs.

I never started photography until late 86/early 87 and, BAM, I was hooked and been chasing that dragon (appropriate Vancouver term  ) ever since

Have fun!

And you as well mate

Cheers,

Jack

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Jack Simpson's gear list:Jack Simpson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax *ist DS Pentax K-r Pentax K-50 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow