ePhotozine Zeiss Touit samples

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,232Gear list
Like?
Re: ePhotozine Zeiss Touit samples
In reply to sgoldswo, May 18, 2013

I agree with what has been observed.

I don't think this is a case where Zeiss have lowered their usual exceptional quality with their new lenses but rather I think it is more that Fuji have simply gone for broke in the quality department when engineering their X series lenses in the first place.

I have a four year old Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 that cost me about $1700. I've been testing it to death against my little Fuji XF 18-55 and the Fuji is better in all departments, in some areas not by much but it is better. This is ridiculous but no matter how much further I tested the results were the same, they little Fuji is better.

The XF 14mm is said to be one truly exceptional little baby too, so I'm not sure the value of these third party lenses for the X series. Would be a different situation if Fuji were producing rubbish glass for their mirrorless system like some other manufacturers are, but they are not.

But I guess more choices the better and if more lens choice is your thing then what better company to be offering them to you but Zeiss.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow