Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,524Gear list
Like?
iCLoud and turning off documents and data
May 17, 2013

I have "documents and data' checked in System Prefs "iCloud".  I"m tired of everything I save defaulting to iCloud,  and in order to save them somewhere else, I have to use the drop down men in the "save" window , (or some shortcut key ), to save  to a folder on my desktop .  I decided to uncheck iCloud , and  I got a message saying if I turn of iCloud, all documents and data stored in iCloud would be deleted from this Mac.

(1) So does unchecking documents and data  mean these documents will be actually deleted from my Mac, or only  from the documents "from this Mac" stored in iCloud?  I need to understand this before I uncheck iCloud, but I'm tired of it picking up everything that I just want to save to the desktop or a folder temporarily.

When OS 10.8.3 was installed on my iMac, I think the tech checked that item, not knowing I wanted to only sync specific items manually.  Now I'm stuck with a bunch of random stuff in iCloud.

(2) While I'm on this subject, will iCloud store a folder with several dozen documents in it, or only separate documents ?

Thanks for the help.

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow