ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrLuffy
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Advise for a walk around lens for K5?
May 17, 2013

Hi

I need an advice for getting a walk around lens for my K5. I do not know if I am asking too much, but what I would like from the lens to be less than 900$ and :

1) very sharp. Softness of corners seems to exclude Pentax wide-angles and the 35 macro f2.8 if I refer to reviews as photozone.

2) Nice bokeh. Excludes my zooms.

3) focuses very fast. This seems to exclude my manual old lenses and some/most FA lenses.

3) small size. This excludes zooms and pushes me towards Limiteds.

It looked to me that those satisfying these criteria were: 35mm f2.4 (but plastic construction and noisy AF?), 40mm (but not so sharp on K5 when compared to other lenses, especially at infinity), 70mm (but seems to be not so sharp when compared with 77mm, not so fast focus compared with the 40mm and often comes with dust inside ?! ).

I will very much appreciate advises from confirmed photographers who posses or possessed and compared these lenses. Thanks.

PS. I shoot mainly with M50 f1.4, 18-55 WR and Sigma 70-300. The first doesn't allow AF and the two others miss enough IQ.

MrLuffy's gear list:MrLuffy's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +6 more
Pentax K-5 Pentax Optio M50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow