Pentax Brand Not Featured in Gear Shop

Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
JayBratcher
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax Brand Not Featured in Gear Shop
In reply to Simon Joinson, May 17, 2013

Simon Joinson wrote:

But I would say maybe you should be asking Pentax why they're not on...

Simon

Pure speculation, but here it goes.

Nikon and Canon put a lot of effort into getting these cameras into the hands of specific reviewers, along with a NDA, all the time.  Does Pentax do this?  Probably not.

Case in point - when the Nikon D7000 came out, Chase Jarvis was the first one to blog about it, almost certainly with Nikon's blessing.  He had been shooting with it for some time, and some of his shots were featured in Nikon's press releases.

This is how camera reviews work.  DPReview is no different than any other site - they do not go down to Canon HQ and ask if they can play with the new toys - Canon comes to them, and says, "Hey - here is our new camera, it's going to be released in xxx weeks, we would like for you to review it, and by the way, you can post a hands on preview as soon as we announce the camera publicly on the umpteenth of Maruary."

So be kind to DPReview - they are just doing their job, and if I am correct, Pentax is starting to take steps to correct this problem.  I suspect that DPReview will have a hands on preview of "the next big thing" from Pentax, as soon as it is announced...

JayBratcher's gear list:JayBratcher's gear list
Nikon D70 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 24mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow