If you owned a 7D and then a 5D Mark III...

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
mjack101
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: If you owned a 7D and then a 5D Mark III...
In reply to Wei Kelun, May 17, 2013

I sold my 7D for the 5Diii about 12 months ago and have been very happy. I shoot mostly outdoor sports for fun and the only thing I miss is the frame rate, 8 vs 6 doesn't sound a lot but a few times I have missed the perfect shot. I would move to a 1DX in a heartbeat if I had the cash.

In terms of reach I don't have any issues, I use the 70-200 most of the time and have a 2x extender for when I need extra reach (e.g. cricket) I don't do much indoors nor any BIF so can't comment there.

As others have mentioned the AF is v good and better than the 7D once you have figured the settings out. Tracking players works really well and with a good lens the speed to lock focus is quick.

I didn't notice any difference in holding the two cameras, it was a very easy transition.

Other things that I like are the quiet mode, being able to shoot 5 or 7 frames in AEB and the grip for the 5diii is a big improvement.

Overall for me there is a big difference in that I am happier using the camera, happier working on the files in pp and much happier with the output, be that on the screen or prints.

It's worth pointing out that the 7D is a very good camera and I am not trying to knock it, just for me the 5diii does almost everything better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow