Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
michalc
Contributing MemberPosts: 565
Beware of camera theft in Barcelona.
11 months ago

Just to share my experience with guys going to Barcelona.

I was walking with my girlfriend in a park and a nice elderly Indian looking couple approached us and showed we had bird's droppings on our clothes, backpacks etc. They offered us tissues and eagerly helped in cleaning our stuff. After some time I realized that my Nikon J1 with 30-110mm lens was gone from my backpack as well us all notes from my wallet (60 euro). We were probably sprayed with some green stuff resembling bird poo. Fortunately (I hope) I have all my credit cards. Another plus is I downloaded my photos the day before.

I found a site of Barcelona Police where you can report crime online but then you need to sign the paper IN PERSON within 72hrs for the complaint to be processed. That is hardly doable as I am already on my way back.

What is lost is lost I believe so the best thing I can do is to share this lesson learn for those going down there. The place is beautiful (Sagrada Familia and all Gaudi stuff above all) but you need to have eyes all around your head when walking there.

Nikon 1 J1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow