Suggestions for small camera - Fujifilm X20 or ?

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Londongal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,859
Like?
Suggestions for small camera - Fujifilm X20 or ?
May 17, 2013

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting in the Fujifilm X System Forum and hope you can advise me with respect to purchasing a smaller camera.

Background: I use a Nikon D800 and have many Nikon lenses.  Prior to digital, I shot with Contax RTS cameras & Zeiss lenses.  Photography has been a lifelong hobby for me.

I'm looking for a smaller camera to carry around so I don't have to carry the Nikon.  I was in a car accident a couple of months ago and as of now, can not comfortably handle my DSLR equipment.  I had been thinking of a smaller camera for a while but the injuries I sustained in the accident have been the motivation to make a purchase.

Goal: A camera to have fun with and to bring me back to the joy of taking photos as I continue to recover from the physical injuries.  I don't want the weight of my heavy Nikon system.

Price: Not the deciding factor, but I can't look in the Leica price range.

Needs:

1) RAW files;

2) A viewfinder.  I don't want to have to use my reading glasses every time I take a photo;

3) Good quality lens and files.  This camera is for enjoyment so I don't need huge RAW files;

4) A fixed lens; and

5) I like the flexibility of a zoom lens...but am not married to having a zoom.

From reading camera reviews, the Fugifilm X20 looks to be an interesting choice.

I would appreciate your thoughts, advice and suggestions as to what other cameras to consider.
Thank you!
Londongal

Fujifilm X20 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow