Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision

Started May 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 975Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss Touit or Fuji X decision
In reply to dark13star, May 17, 2013

Just to close out this thread, I've spent a week with the Fuji X-E1 and I love it. It is a camera that suits my style of shooting and since photography is a recreation to me, the fact that it is more fun (for me) than shooting with a Nex is a huge factor.

I love the OOC JPEG and the raw files are mostly good. There are a few with bright reds and yellow that need work to get right. That said, since the JPEGs are so good, raw is backup for when I need it.

The 35mm f/1.4 is amazing, like Leica glass and the low-light capabilities are great.

This is a Sony forum, so I'm not going to beat this horse here. My only advice is that if you are feeling like Fuji might be better for you than Nex, you really need to try it. Reading forums and comparing specs is no help.

I'll be putting a lot of my Nex equipment on eBay this weekend. I will miss my Zeiss 24mm, but I think I need to sell that and my Nex-7 to build out my Fuji system. Nex has been a great experiment for me and now Fuji will be my next one. Who knows, as this market matures, things can change.

Thanks for all the great advice I've gotten on this forum. As a life-long hobbyist in photography, I can really say there are some talented people in this group.

Rich

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow