Like?
Re: A few D800 and 16-35 shots....
In reply to RomanJohnston, May 17, 2013

RomanJohnston wrote:

Love the combo.

Hope this helps.

Roman

-- hide signature --

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is the source of all true art and science.
~ Albert Einstein
http://www.commercialfineart.com/
http://www.pbase.com/romansphotos/

Roman...

I've been an admirer of your work for years and I noticed that you yourself recently added the D800 to your bag (I loved the waterfall Long Exposure from inside the cave... WOW).  I will likely add the 14-24 to my bag one day... but I think for what and how I will be shooting, I will start with the 16-35 as most of you have said.  I want to get some primes too, but I have to start some place.

Someone encouraged me to keep my 90mm Tamron and I really want to because I like to shoot Macro from time to time, but it's been very rare of late.  I was honestly thinking of keeping the D80 and the 90mm Tamron in my car (because you just never know when you will want a camera), but I'd be doubling what the 85 1.8 will do for me (except for macro) and this is a hobby for me.  I've had people offer to pay me for my work but I am not a pro and wouldn't want to take advantage of anyone.   Maybe one day, but for now... not so much.

I just want to be able to get some really great landscape captures with the D800 and I see that the 16-35 is going to give me that ability!  I would love to have the 14-24 in my bag, but it's a big chunk of money!  One day... yes, but for now... the 16-35 is going to find a home in my bag!

I'm still very interested comments on lenses for the D800, but I'm now settled on the 16-35 and the D800 (no more 'all but settled')

Roman... thank you (and everyone) for your post!  The proof of the pudding is in the eating and clearly, the 16-35 delivers!  Thanks for showing me what the combination is capable of

-- hide signature --

D7000, D300s, D80, 18-200 VRII, Nikon 50mm 1.8 / 1.4,
Tamron 90mm, Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-D,
Sigma 10-20mm - Sigma 17-50 2.8 - SB-800
50mm 1.8D
Gear up..... Get out there!!!

Tyym's gear list:Tyym's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow