X-Onwers would u pay $ for F/ware features eg. Facial detection, focus peaking?

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ThachLy
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Onwers would u pay $ for F/ware features eg. Facial detection, focus peaking?
In reply to Sulis2, May 17, 2013

Thanks guys for the replies.

I m sure what we r talking about here must have been tossed around in various product development workshops in those camera companies.

Lets just digress a bit. I wonder if any of the following crazy ideas have been tossed about:

- Your 'Linux' idea of open source code, within some limit, let third party develop/innovate/enrich features.

- Industry standards to allow more compatibility between lens/bodies. To take the idea of Oly/Pana M43 beyond that platform, to all FF (one mount) and all APSC (another mount). Think of WiFi features.

- More integration of the camera and mobile industry, not just in terms of functionality, but also business models. Think of the impact that Ipod 's had on the sales of MAC computers back in early 2000's.

- Make sensors/components upgradable ? Think of the 'open' PC 25 yr ago?

I m not sure if the camera industry will still be viable 10 yr from now if there is an insufficient level of innovation in the face of relentless invasion from other industries like Iphone/smartphone??? I mean, are people still buying video cameras? I stopped looking them for the last 10 yrs or so. Why? (I m looking at my Samsung Note & smiling )

ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow