ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alekhine
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
Like?
1DX after 2 months. Impression and a few questions
May 17, 2013

Hi all,

I've been using my new 1DX for a couple of months now, I also have a 1DMKIV. Before I had a 1DsMKIII, a 1DMKIII and a 1DMKII, so I am definitely not new to 1D cameras.

I am very pleased with my new toy. What I like the most in the 1DX is the almost perfect AWB, the stunning high ISO performance, the greater buffer capacity over the 1DsIII and an overall better IQ due to the amazingly improved sensor.

BUT,

1. What about a better low light focusing? Honestly i didn't notice a big improvement, if any. Why often it is quite impossible to achieve focus in low light in AI servo? And I'm also using the new AMAZING 24-70 II. In these circumstancies I have to switch to Single Shot to get something in focus. What's your experience about this?

2. Why in AI servo mode there's no option to have the AF point always light up instead of that annoying blinking light?

3. Is the silent shutter really useful? I almost don't notice any significant difference between the normal and silent mode.

All in all, however, I upgraded from the 1DsIII because I do photojournalism weddings, but I also do landscape works and I must admit that I miss a bit my 1DsIII.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Greetings from Italy.

Guido

-- hide signature --

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
Oscar Wilde
http://www.guidotramontano.com

Alekhine's gear list:Alekhine's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D C Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow