E-3 vs EPL2 vs E-M5 and a puzzle with colour

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
Re: E-3 vs EPL2 vs E-M5 and a puzzle with colour
In reply to Palden, May 17, 2013

Palden wrote:

Oddly enough, I'd just replied to a recent thread in m43 forum stating that i think there's something in the E3 files that i can't seem to get from the EM5 files. I cant put my finger on it exactly but the E3 outputs seem much richer and with deeper, better colour. I still have my E3 and dont think i'll ever sell it. If only olympus could replicate the E3 outputs in their m43 bodies..

P.

Hey Palden,

Well I got into work today and jumped on my Lacie monitor which I calibrated and gave the two files another whack!

It seems, again depending on what you are after that the E-3 seems to have a more "natural" natural, With some careful tweaking and comparison I have the two files to where I think few casual observers would notice the difference. But  I had to pull some magenta from the file, and adjust my EM5 settings carefully to get the E-3 look. Once finished there wasnt much in it, but you can look at the files. I will  post them in reply to my OP.

Abraham

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow