Tilt and shift lens with adaptor using XP1

Started May 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,507Gear list
Like?
Re: Tilt and shift lens with adaptor using XP1
In reply to baobob, May 17, 2013

Hi again Baobob,

Agreed about the expense.  I must admit that when the question was first posted about using a Canon or Nikon TS lens on the adapter, the thought occurred that if you already own one, you presumably already own the matching FF DSLR.  I'm not sure why you'd use the lens on a mirror-less with half the sensor area (even if you can).  I suppose you might still be interested in the smaller size of the mirror-less, but when you add the bulk of a TS lens to your kit, whatever saving you've made in size and weight  starts to look relatively small.

OTOH, those really old Nikon 35mmf2.8  shift-only lenses are quite small - you could put one of those on an XE1/XP1 with your adapter and get tilt as well.  They're reported to be optically quite good too.......  They'd have the FOV of a 50mm - not much good for shift, but still quite appropriate to tilt.....  And they're not that dear these days - people want wider shift lenses.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow